Post screening discussion of “Richard Pryor: Omit the Logic” included:
- A nice anecdote by Wyatt Cenac about Tracy Morgan taking him to his first comedy club when he was interning at SNL
- Tracy Morgan discussing Pryor’s influence on his growing up in Bed Stuy and fear of onstage experimentation
- Walter Mosley lauding the risks of the short lived and censored Richard Pryor Show
- Why hiring football Hall of Famer Jim Brown to run Pryor’s film company was probably not the best idea
- Pryor widow Jennifer Lee discussing fights, gunshots, threesomes, awkward Cosby dinners and Pryor family strife
For casual fans and newbies, Omit the Logic is a nice entry point into getting a sense of Pryor and his impact at the time. Yet for longtime fans and folks hoping to glean a deeper insight into the man and his motivations, it still felt somewhat slight in its scope.