For fans of:
- Small, harrowing stories about immigrant families trying to get by while raising a child with autism
- The frenetic energy and crowded solitude that is the NYC subway system
- A grounded performance by young Jesus Sanchez-Velez
- The aural joy of turning your headphones off and letting the sounds of the city wash over you
- Nostalgia for the very real impending doom of Hurricane Sandy (most notably for residents of the Rockaways)
- A Kickstarter project that did its supporters right
Though released over a year ago at the Tribeca Film Festival it also unavoidably echoes the Avonte Oquendo tragedy that occurred months after its premiere.
It’s getting a small theatrical release this weekend but is definitely worth checking out once it hits other outlets down the road.